We believe that every student, no matter where they were born or live, what they look like, or how much money their family has, deserves to believe in their ability to become a scientist.
Join our worldwide network of STEM professionals, educators, and activists dedicated to empowering all students to see themselves as future scientists. Thank you in advance for your contribution!
If you plan to support us with a donation of $500 or more, please consider mailing a check to avoid credit card processing fees. Mailing info is below in FAQs.
- We provide the Letters to a Pre-Scientist pen pal program to schools in low-income communities at no cost. Funds support classroom materials such as stamps and envelopes.
- Our program is run remotely to ensure we reach the students who need it most. Funds support online communication platforms.
- We hold our program implementation to high standards. Funds support our Program Manager and training for STEM professionals and teachers.
- Student and STEM professional data privacy is important to us. Funds support our secure database.
Pre-Scientist, Inc is a 501(c)(3) not for profit organization. Our federal tax identification number is 83-0818098. As no goods or services have been provided in connection with this gift, the full amount is deductible to the fullest extent provided by law.
If you plan to support us with a donation of $500 or more, please consider mailing a check or making an ACH transfer to avoid credit card processing fees. Checks can be made out to Pre-Scientist, Inc and mailed to:
7901 Carroll Ave.
Takoma Park, MD 20912
Please reach out to email@example.com to request our bank information to make an electronic funds transfer.
Yes, donations are collected with Fundraise Up, who uses industry-standard SSL technology to keep your information secure. They partner with Stripe, the industry’s established payment provider trusted by some of the world’s largest companies. Your sensitive information never touches LPS or Fundraise Up’s servers. They send all data directly to Stripe’s PCI-compliant servers through SSL.
- Search for an email with the subject line “Your LPS donation is making a difference!”
- Scroll to the bottom of the email and click “Manage my donation”.
- Click to get a login link to Fundraise Up (the platform we use to collect your donation).
- Click Login in the email with the subject Login to Donor Portal.
- Click the settings gear to the right of your recurring donation, then click edit payment details.
- Make the edits and click confirm!